The Killer Wireless-AC 1550 beats the competition where it matters most – speed and performance. Delivering faster than gigabit Ethernet speeds, the Killer 1550 is faster, smarter, and offers unbeatable PC Gaming and entertainment experiences.
The first product to come out of Rivet Networks’ new partnership with Intel, the Killer™ Wireless-AC 1550 is the world’s fastest 2×2 11ac wireless networking adapter. The Killer Wireless-AC 1550 has been designed to combine the speed, intelligence, and control of Killer Networking products with the power and performance of the latest Intel wireless chipset. Delivering faster than gigabit Ethernet speeds along with the gaming functionality that gamers love, the Killer 1550 is the ideal wireless networking product for competitive gamers and performance users who demand the most from their computers.
The Killer Wireless-AC 1550 delivers up to 1.73 Gbps of throughput and is the ideal networking solution for gaming, streaming, and downloading. The Killer 1550 supports advanced 802.11ac Wave 2 features including 160 MHz channel support, and can drive twice the throughput of what standard 2×2 11ac adapters can deliver.
The Killer 1550 not only has incredible throughput, but it also the first Killer Networking wireless product to include the all new Killer Control Center 2.0 that features a new and improved user interface as well as two exciting new features – GameFast Technology and the Killer Intelligence Engine:
- GameFast™ Technology: By automatically pausing processes that are not needed when gaming, Killer GameFast Technology frees up to 10% of your CPU cycles and 20% of your memory so that your game plays faster and smoother. Gamers who use GameFast will experience faster, more responsive gameplay with the additional system resources available to focus on the game.
- Killer Intelligence Engine: By automatically analyzing your PC’s network health and optimizing your network settings, the Killer Intelligence Engine ensures a fast, smooth online experience. In addition, when Killer can’t optimize your networking automatically, the Killer Intelligence Engine will recommend ways to improve the PC’s network health for better application and gaming experiences.
Killer Control Center™ 2.0 – This all-new interface is packed with valuable features that give gamers and performance PC users more ability to analyze, optimize, and control their PC’s networking performance than ever before. The Killer Control Center 2.0 lets users know which applications and websites are monopolizing bandwidth, and also gives users the control to optimize performance by adjusting priorities and setting bandwidth limits so that low priority traffic doesn’t interfere with your multimedia applications or favorite websites. Download files, watch a video, and play a game simultaneously – it’s all possible with the Killer 1550.
The Killer Wireless-AC 1550 features all of Killer’s latest new technology:
GameFast™ Technology: By automatically pausing processes that are not needed when gaming, Killer GameFast Technology frees up to 10% of your CPU cycles and 20% of your memory so that your game plays faster and smoother. Gamers who use GameFast will experience faster, more responsive gameplay with the additional system resources available to focus on the game.
Killer Intelligence Engine: By automatically analyzing your PC’s network health and optimizing your network settings, the Killer Intelligence Engine ensures a fast, smooth online experience. In addition, when Killer can’t optimize your networking automatically, the Killer Intelligence Engine will recommend ways to improve the PC’s network health for better application and gaming experiences.
Advanced Stream Detect 2.0 Technology – Advanced Stream Detect Technology detects applications and websites, and prioritizes their traffic accordingly for the best speed and optimal performance.
DoubleShot Pro – Killer’s DoubleShot Pro Technology which allows you to use WiFi and Ethernet at the same time – even on different networks. Killer gives you the power to choose which apps go over Ethernet and which go over Wireless.
Killer Wireless xTend – Killer Wireless-AC 1550 feature Killer Wireless xTend technology which enables you to clone and easily extend the reach of your home network by to 1,000 square feet. In addition, Killer delivers an amazing experience with Wireless xTend because it prioritizes your important killer traffic above other connected device traffic.
Killer Control Center – Killer delivers you amazing networking control and information with the Killer Control Center. Gamers and PC users now have the power to control and configure your PC networking like never before.
- Single-chip, 2.4/5 GHz, 2 stream 802.11a/b/g/n/ac and BT 5.0
- 160MHz Channel Support
- 11ac 2X2 WLAN standards with low power PCIe (with L1 sub-state) interfaces + BT5 with USB interface.
- Module specifications: Next generation form factor, M.2, module size = 22mm x 30mm
- Chipset: Intel
- Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 10
Features and Functionality:
- Highly integrated wireless local area network (WLAN) system-on-chip (SoC) for 5GHz 802.11ac, or 2.4/5GHz 802.11n WLAN applications.
- Supports 20/40 MHz at 2.4GHz and supports 20/40/80/160MHz at 5GHz
- 2×2 MU-MIMO with two spatial streams
- Bluetooth v5 solution
- Supports seamless roaming between access points.
- WLAN Frequency Band: 2.4/5 GHz
- Bluetooth Frequency Band: 2.4000 – 2.4835 GHz
- Wi-Fi Certified a/b/g/n/ac with wave 2 features, WMM, WMM-PS, WPA, WPA2, WPS2, Protected Management Frames, Wi-Fi Miracast as Source, and Wi-Fi Direct
- Compliant with IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, 802.11e, 802.11h, 802.11b, 802.11w, 802.11r, 802.11j, 802.11v and 802.11i
- Authentication: WPA and WPA2, 802.1X (EAP-TLS, TTLS, PEAP, EAP-SIM, EAP-AKA)
- Authentication Protocols: PAP, CHAP, TLS, MS-CHAP, MS-CHAPv2
- Encryption 64-bit and 128-bit WEP, TKIP, 128-bit AES-CCMR
- Wi-Fi Direct Encryption and Authentication: WPA2-PSK, AES-CCMP